Introduction to National Security Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Services
Introduction to National Security Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP)
Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) is essentially a concept relating to adequately preparing our nation’s underlying core infrastructure sectors from threats and attacks that could ultimately lead to such assets being incapacitated and/or destroyed. From a national security perspective, CIP is essential to our nation’s economy, security, health – and survivability. Any significant attack – from cyber-attacks to physical attacks – on any of our infrastructure sectors is ultimately a national security threat, and it’s why both the federal government and the private sector are working to aggressively protect America’s assets.
Imagine waking up one morning and the coffee machine doesn’t brew, the toilet won’t flush, or you can’t seem to even use online banking for a transfer of funds. Science fiction, something out of a Hollywood script? Unfortunately, no. It’s a scenario that can easily happen as emerging threats around the world are re-shaping – and re-invigorating – America’s CIP measures.
Presidential Policy Directive 21 (PPD-21): Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience identifies the following 16 critical infrastructure sectors (note, this directive supersedes Homeland Security Presidential Directive 7):
- Commercial Facilities
- Critical Manufacturing
- Defense Industrial Base
- Emergency Services
- Financial Services
- Food and Agriculture
- Government Facilities
- Healthcare and Public Health
- Information Technology
- Nuclear Reactors, Materials, and Waste
- Transportation Systems
- Water and Wastewater Systems
National Security Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) offered by FLANK
Because the vast majority of critical infrastructure assets are information systems, FLANK provide a wide-range of cybersecurity and compliance services and solutions to businesses functioning within the 16 critical infrastructure sectors. And remember, because CIP is a “concept”, this means that various security, governance, and compliance rulings and laws come into play that are quite different from one sector to another. At the end of the day, however, the goal is to ensure the safety and security of assets being used to manage and facilities America’s way of life. Restriction of our values and liberties – due to a direct threat or attack on our critical infrastructure can be devasting – all the more reason for engaging with a firm with decades of CIP experience, and that’s FLANK.
Services offered include the following:
- Complete set of services for supporting all types of local, state, federal, and industry specific regulatory compliance reporting.
- Comprehensive risk assessment services and solutions for determining a wide-range of risks and threats to organizational assets.
- Strategy and consulting services for assessing internal controls, security tools and solutions, and much more.
- Internal and external penetration testing services (White Box, Black Box, and hybrid testing).
- Information security policies and procedures writing
- Security awareness training, social engineering training and more.